How to choose the best travel credit card?
If you’re planning to get a new travel credit card, the sheer number of options are available for you. With so many reward credit cards available, choosing the right card can be quite challenging. Here’s a quick breakdown that can help you choose the best travel credit card:
- Determine your travel goals.
- Choose the best credit card that meets your needs.
- Read the sign-up bonus & terms
- Consider your earnings and spending habits
- Consider your credit score
Benefits of travel reward cards
- Better point valuations and redemptions: Travel credit cards accrues points and miles faster than general rewards credit cards. Moreover, these miles have tendency to offer better points in comparison to other rewards like cash back or statement credits. You can use points to avail free stay for one night at hotels or for free flights.
- Travel perks: Many travel credit cards offer various perks such as concierge services, free checked bags, travel protection, priority boarding, and concierge services etc. So it’s not just about just getting miles; it’s about what else comes with the card that can make your life easier!
- No foreign transaction fees: A foreign transaction fee is the extra amount you need to pay for every purchase made on a credit card outside the U.S. Foreign transaction fee can be approx. 3% of the purchase price. So if you’re planning to go, a travel credit card that carries no foreign transaction fees helps you avoid that added cost.
Best Travel Credit Cards
The best travel credit cards help you maximize your savings on traveling. In addition to it, there are many credit cards with travel rewards that offer large sign-up bonuses. By choosing the right credit card, you can save thousands of dollars on travel, and maximize your everyday credit card spending. Here are some of the best travel credit cards 2017:
- No Annual Fee Rewards Travel Card: Bank of America Travel Rewards
- Best Hotel Rewards Credit Card: Starwood Preferred Guest
- Overall Best Travel Credit Card: Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chip & Pin Travel Rewards Card: Barclays Arrival Plus
- Best Premium Travel Credit Card: Sapphire Reserve